Is Elder Law of East Tennessee the Right Choice for You?
Our expertise may be the right fit for your situation if you hope to:
- Take control of the long-term care journey. There’s no escaping the fact that aging and the long-term care journey are often filled with unknowns. It is normal to feel powerless because no one can predict how a loved one’s condition will progress. If your goal is to retain more control along the way, to receive reliable information and help with decision making, and to be able to respond with confidence no matter how your loved one’s condition changes, Elder Law of East Tennessee can help.
- Spend less time managing care. Finding, coordinating, and monitoring the services required to meet a loved one’s most basic care needs can be a full-time job, leaving little or no time available to make your loved one’s surroundings comfortable and familiar. When you work with Elder Law of East Tennessee, you call the shots while your Elder Care Coordinator serves as the general manager of the team of providers dedicated to making your loved one’s life safe, comfortable, and familiar. You are intimately involved in every decision but free from the day-to-day burdens of researching care and service options, which gives you more quality time with your loved one and more time to spend in your roles as parent, grandparent, child, friend, employee, and spouse.
- Enable your loved one to age in familiar surroundings. Calling Elder Law of East Tennessee before or shortly after a trigger event or diagnosis increases the odds that your loved one will be able to live at home longer. When care and services are in place early, the need for long-term care outside the home can often be avoided. If the time comes when living at home is simply no longer an option, your elder care coordinator and our legal team work together to identify long-term care options and evaluate the financial implications of each option to help you avoid costly mistakes. Your elder care coordinator will assist you with every aspect of the transition into the long-term care facility.
- Minimize family conflicts. Working with Elder Law of East Tennessee enhances open communication, which is especially important when family members live far away. Your elder care coordinator serves as a liaison for family decision making, obtaining accurate and detailed information from health care providers and communicating it to the entire family. This reduces misunderstandings and the resulting collateral damage to relationships. Our family meeting facilitator assists in having difficult conversations and reaching consensus when families are fractured over caring for a parent.
- Make more informed decisions. A reactive approach to care can be extremely costly. Families navigating the long-term care journey on their own often find themselves scrambling from one crisis to the next and paying a premium for services arranged at the last minute. When you work with Elder Law of East Tennessee, you have more options, a thorough understanding of the estate-related implications of those options, and the opportunity to preserve more of the loved one’s estate.
- Preserve family wealth for the next generation. With long-term care costs ranging from $40,000-$80,000 per year for assisted living facilities to $150,000 per year for 24-hour in-home care and up to $90,000 per year for nursing facilities, it has never been more important for families to plan carefully for the funding of a loved one’s care. Since no one can predict how many years a loved one will need long-term care, working with Elder Law of East Tennessee may be the single most important step you can take to avoid the multiplier effect of costly bad decisions. With so much at stake, even the most financially-secure families find that the relatively small investment in a Life Care Plan pays for itself many times over in cost savings (and peace of mind) during a loved one’s long-term care journey.
You get just one chance to do it right. Why risk making the wrong move? Work with the experts at Elder Law of East Tennessee. It all adds up to a better night’s sleep for you—and those counting on you to make the right decisions. We help you protect what matters most: quality of life for loved ones, cherished relationships, family wealth, and peace of mind.
Learn more about our approach.