We are hiring a Front Office Administrator.
About the Firm:
Elder Law of East Tennessee is a law firm that specializes in Life Care Planning with a focus on Elder and Special Needs Law.
The Front Office Administrator is the public face of the firm and performs the essential tasks of welcoming clients and visitors and answering the telephone. In addition, this individual handles administrative tasks, including processing paperwork, managing electronic files, organizing documents for attorneys, and assisting with bookkeeping. The office is open Monday through Friday 8:30 – 5:00 pm. The Front Office Administrator’s hours are 8:00 to 5:00 pm daily with a one-hour lunch break.
This position is full-time and includes a generous benefits package: medical insurance; short-term and long-term disability; 401(k); 2 weeks’ paid vacation in first year plus an additional week at Christmas time; and profit sharing. Salary is dependent on experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Maintains professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Works well with others and is also self-motivated.
- Flexibility and patience in a fast-paced, dynamic workspace with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills; highly attentive to detail.
- Good command of business writing and basic math skills.
- Invested in supporting a team; should think critically about processes and activities.
- Adept computer skills for operating efficiently in a semi-paperless office.
- Experience in bookkeeping and/or managing clients’ payments is preferred.
- Open office each morning, stock conference rooms and maintain front office in tidy manner.
- Greet clients and visitors, collect payments and paperwork.
- Answer the phone and transfer calls to appropriate team members. Maintain records regarding calls received.
- Schedule appointments.
- Processes incoming/outgoing mail, certified mail receipts, and FedEx orders.
- Send letters to clients and third parties.
- Open physical and electronic files, filing and organizing documents in each file type.
- Names documents scanned at the reception desk and in the attorneys’ offices.
- Monitor firm’s calendar and communicate the day’s scheduled appointments and functions to team during morning staff meeting.
- Maintains complete privacy for all client matters and complies with firm Confidentiality Policy.
- Prepares consultation folders for attorneys to use during each day’s meetings.
- Assists with firm bookkeeping in Quickbooks and client billing under supervision of Practice Manager.
E-mail resume and formal cover letter to Practice Manager Malinda Joshi at email@example.com by October 4, 2019. Include salary requirements in your cover letter. Please do not submit a resume without a cover letter.